Takashi wrote:

> letters, booklet and so on, come to about 23,000,000,000.

So that is why Japan issues so many stamps.

> > >  * Requirement for OOo
> > >  - supporting Hagaki dimensions
> > [x] although only by entering the values directy.
>
> Wrong. Ordinary people don't know the strict dimensions of the Hagaki.

I do  not see why it can not be added to the choice of paper sizes.

Current choices include envelope sizes:
* C65
* Monarch
* #9
* #10
* #11
* #12

Adding
DIN A6 and Hagaki should be simple.

Is Hagaki the postcard size, or the entire "document"?
[Postcard plus address plus message]
Or does it not make a difference here?

> DTP software which doesn't show Hagaki size in a size selection list except
> OOo.

Never mention DTP in anything that can be remotely construed as a
feature request, or can be found by somebody looking for a history of
a feature request.

Reason:  Such features are automatically rejected, on the the grounds
that OOo is not a DTP, and all such features must be rejected.

> > >  - Hagaki wizard (auto formatting and printing plural address in turn)
> A template is not enough. The format of Hagaki changes according to
> circumstances.

>To fit in Hagaki, the font size of address must be lessened or enlarged.

>To list names of all family members in an address field, the font
size and indent must be changed.

Questions:

i) Are the family members listed on separate lines?  Or on the same line?

ii  a) Are the names supposed to be listed in a specific order?
ii b) If so, can the user be expected to enter them in the correct order?
ii c) Will the user expect the program to "know" the rules of precedence?
    How complicated are the rules of precedence?
    Are the rules of English available in English, online?

>To correspond Hagaki type (Hagaki has some types), the address field
must be lessened or enlarged

Can you explain what you mean here?

i) Does the size of the typeface change?
ii) Does the spacing between lines change?
iii) Do both change?
iv) Does something else change?

> The format has to be changed according to circumstances automatically.

What, other than names and addresses will change?

Can you put up a webpage, showing what the different changes look like?

My thinking is that a combination of an intelligent macro, and a
couple of templates will provide the functionality you are wanting.

#######

Didn't either OOo 1.0.3 (Japan) or 1.1.0 (Japan)  provide this functionality?
[I remember that one of those two provided several paper sizes, and
related printing functions that were not part of the OOo (US) build.]

xan

jonathon
--
AT