Translation

Thai translation for OpenOffice.org UI was done and keeps updated by NECTEC (http://www.nectec.or.th/) ODP (Open Source Development and Promotion Project - http://www.opentle.org/). All of the UI are translated but little works are done for the on-line help. The quality of the translation, however, could be improved to make OOo easier to learn. That is one issue that we want to do this year. ODP releases all of their Thai langauge pack builds and sometime, customized build, at ftp://ftp.opentle.org/pub/openoffice/stable/ which is not well-known. The SIPA (http://www.sipa.or.th/) Chantra (http://www.chantra.in.th/) OSS for Windows CD project includes OOo with the NECTEC langpack as a major element of the CD (which contains 20+ OSS).

 Customized Build

We try not to build any more customized version (stop promoting and developing the local branded OOo - OfficeTLE and PladaoOffice). However when OOo 2.3 released, there is a bug that prevents some Thai ODF from opening. So ODP must released a temporally version to fix this in November 2007. We only recommended local users to use the ODP version until OOo 2.3.1 released later.

 Www

After the creation of the current pages by the original volunteers, we spend little focus on th.openoffice.org because the lack of web/content developers. Now we have enough resource to update and improve the website to be the central of Thai community. Currently we have a few internet communities that focus (mostly or entirely) on OpenOffice.org, e.g. http://www.chantra.in.th/ , http://www.osdev.co.th/ , http://www.thaiopensource.org/ and the upcoming http://www.clubopenoffice.org/ . Th.openoffice.org should be the place for local users to :-

   * easily, painlessly get latest OpenOffice.org with localization,
     preferably thru local mirrors
   * get various other goodies like langpack, fonts, templates
   * get to the local communities, get support

We plan to maintain some static pages and use OOo wiki as much as possible.

-- _/|\_ Samphan Raruenrom. Open Source Development Co., Ltd.
Tel: +66 38 311816, Fax: +66 38 773128, http://www.osdev.co.th/