Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Herewith the log of the meeting; thanks to Khirano.

Hello Louis,

Thanks for posting the transcript.

@Khirano - Sorry for kind of stepping on your explanation to Jihui.

@List - I really wanted to spotlight something Khirano said.
When I asked him for his definition of 'organize':
"to get a member to a group to do
something for OpenOffice.org"

Then his reminder of the 'face to face' nature of the activities envisioned.

I think that really hits it square on the head.
'to get' - in other words someone has to take action to bring people together
'member' - the 'face to face' nature fosters a sense of individual inclusion
'group' - here 'face to face' fosters a building of collaboration that no 'virtual' social networking tool can touch.

I would offer one slight change to this very good definition however.
To get a member to a group to do something with OpenOffice.org.

''to do something with' could be
- help each other make better use of the package.
- help enhance the package, perhaps for local (physical or 'of common interest') area and/or alll users.
- help with expanding the use of the package within the local area

Anyway - sorry again for needing to leave so abruptly.

One final note. There are a few ideas I would like to discuss with community members in general. I touched on them in a few of my questions in todays irc session. I rather think they are a bit OT for those meetings and maybe for the NL mailing list. (or maybe I am attributing to much structure in my thinking) What I would like to do is start a discussion over on the BizDev mailing list as I believe that is a more appropriate location for the subject matter. While using the Regional Group infrastructure being set up as an umbrella to the activity.

Thanks,

Drew