Hi all,

On 2010-05-19, at 06:13 , Roderick Young wrote:

> Zanga
>
> A student in Waikato University, New Zealand (Aotearoa -Maaori indigenous
> language of Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) New Zealand, Southern
> Hemisphere) back in early 2000's was from Malawi, Africa. We ate together and
> talked long into the night many occasions. Zanga can you please say a prayer,
> in your language for the oneness of humanity and also the unity we need here
> in New Zealand to translate open office into Maaori, thank you.

If we hold our faith in prayer for the oneness of humanity then we atheists are
out of luck :-)

But, on a more serious note, I'm astonished that there is not yet a Maaori NLC.
There ought to be. I learned, once, long ago, much of Maaori and a few other
versions of Polynesian, as my grandmother was travelling from island to island
in the vast Pacific and I was fascinated by the incredible migrations made by
the ancient Polynesians.  What a beautiful, musical language. How grand and
great it would be to have OOo in it!

Louis