Folks,

In New Zealand what would be interesting is to set up a number of venues
around the nations and have it linked by internet broad band with the three
purposes

1. Introduce Ooo
2. Outline the projects of Translations
3. Explain how others have set up a translation effort

In New Zealand a number of venues will be traditional Maaori meeting house
call "whare nui" on the Marae or Pa. These ancestral homes will link with
the world wide community.

I noticed with Steve Jobs launch of the iphone 4 that the 7500 person were
majority white males.

This is good for apple in design but it is not good for Ooo getting language
translation done. Where are the women of the village who teach the children
to read and write and boot computers?

Do I make a good point?

So what it the wiki link.

Roddy Young
New Zealand (Maaori Translation)

ps I talked to the Google translation in to Maaori on Wednesday last.
Shouted him out to lunch and 2 hour talk. He said 5 language dialects was
too small a number and asked if I can increase it. It was new to him to have
a very grass roots approach as they ran off the Micro Soft approach that
threw money at it. What I understand for Ooo is that we want people to use
it in the community and that takes education of all people and not a top
down approach. Maaori are waiting for an international bottom up approach
they can work in with and be part of.