Thanks for the insight. I have switched to Java 8, and now a `mvn
compile` works. However, there seems to be some oddity going on still.
`mvn install -DskipITs -DskipTests` still produces an error:

```
[ERROR]
/home/mweimer/nemo/incubator-nemo/runtime/executor/src/test/java/org/apache/nemo/runtime/executor/datatransfer/DataTransferT
est.java:[55,45] package org.apache.nemo.runtime.master.metric does not exist
```

I also noticed that parallel builds don't succeed (`mvn -TC1 ...`).
Maybe there is a dependency not captured in the build files? Maven has
a tendency to satisfy these dependencies out of the local maven
repository. However, I have no prior version of Nemo on my machine...

Meanwhile, I vote +0 on the release not to hold it up :)

Markus