Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 02.07.2019, 14:05 +0200 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> Yes, indeed. That's why when you use it in NetBeans, you need to approve
> its license first. It is not Apache licensed, just like nb-javac is not
> Apache licensed.
>
> Gj
>
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 1:57 PM Eric Bresie <ebre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/contrib/libs.oracle.jsparser/external/com.oracle.js.parser-ba7a8bc42268-license.txt
> > mentions
> >
> > License: GPL-2-CP
> > Origin: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/graal/graal-js-parser

from my understanding, the ASF has a pretty straight position regarding
anything with GPL in its license name:

It must not be a required dependency.

I don't see how the Netbeans PMC could even remotely release anything
that is incompatible with the core requirement of the ASF. (yepp, this
is still LEGAL-336, still not fixed by Apache Legal and/or Oracle).

The Graal.JS parser might be a different matter, as it is now licensed
UPL, it might be packageable. Before that can happen though, the
integration into netbeans has to be fixed, as the parser went through
breaking changes.

So this leaves us with:

nb-javac: GPL-2-CP so not packable by the Apache Netbeans PMC
graal-js: the version we need is GPL-2-CP and so also not packable
          the version we could package/bundle is UPL, but not
          compatible with the netbeans codebase

Don't get me wrong: Having the two artifacts on maven central would be
great, but that is not a job the Apache Netbeans PMC can do.

Just my 2 cents.

Matthias