Hi all,

I was just wondering what happened with the donation of the Kotlin plugin
to the Apache Netbeans project - did they ever go through with this?

Is this still a need for Apache NB with the advent of Language Servers etc
on the horizon?

I would like to start getting acquainted with NB platform dev and thought
this might be worthwhile looking through. See :

https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-netbeans/issues/122
https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-netbeans/issues/137

for the background.

I dont have huge amounts of time so i would start slowly, updating the
project to target the latest NB release (11) etc, but i'd request some
assistance with things like where to find the various NBM artifacts etc.

One final question / point - i see lots of this plugin is written in kotlin
itself. Would it be better to transcribe the .kt source into java as part
of this effort?

thanks a lot