On 9/26/19 6:54 AM, Laszlo Kishalmi wrote:
As usual the Apache NetBeans 11.2-beta1 is available as Snap package on the Snap store on the latest/edge channel.

I'm trying to test the beta version with a Snap parallel install, as described below:

Parallel installs – test and run multiple instances of snaps
https://ubuntu.com/blog/parallel-installs-test-and-run-multiple-instances-of-snaps

The installation commands are:

$ sudo snap set system experimental.parallel-instances=true
$ sudo snap install --edge netbeans_edge --classic

But it fails to start:

$ snap run netbeans_edge
/snap/netbeans_edge/14/command-netbeans.wrapper: 2: exec:
/snap/netbeans/14/netbeans/bin/netbeans: not found

$ cat /snap/netbeans_edge/14/command-netbeans.wrapper
#!/bin/sh
exec "$SNAP/netbeans/bin/netbeans" "$@"

The file called by the wrapper should instead be:

/snap/netbeans_edge/14/netbeans/bin/netbeans

Has anyone managed to get this working? I would like to test the beta version but keep my current NetBeans 11.1 installation.

Thank you,
John