On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 at 16:49, Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm still not totally sold on doing that instead of multiple vote
> threads, but we do need to be clearer on all the stuff we release, and
> what we expect everyone to actually check before voting.  With more
> thought, I'm veering towards Laszlo's suggestion of adding binary zip
> and nbms into release vote, and separate votes on the other artefacts.
> This also reflects different OS concerns, additional build processes,
> and different people signing.

OK, as the day gets closer for the 11.2 vote (although should have
been a few days ago! :-) ) ..

My plan, unless anyone has major objections, is to run this roughly as
Laszlo suggested and we see how that goes.

I will add the zip and nbm binaries into the release vote thread,
along with specifics of what else needs to be done with them in order
to vote.  That means anyone who votes must now do checks on sources
and those binaries.

Then we will have separate votes on -

* Maven artefacts (Eric?)
* Windows installer (Reema?)
* macOS installer (Reema?)
* Linux installer (Reema?)
* anything else ???

That keeps OS concerns and different signer concerns separate, as well
as acknowledging that zip and nbms are built in the same build process
as the source bundle.

Obviously the other convenience binary threads are also dependent on
the main release vote passing.  The additional threads can run
concurrently or slightly later as required.

Volunteer Release Manager for Apache Netbeans 11.2