I think the main question is what can we do to get you involved earlier --
i.e., check the releases before they are released, during the beta phases,
rather than afterwards?

You could use NetBeans without nb-javac, which has downsides, but having
nb-javac also has downsides for you.

You can also get nb-javac here:

http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/73454/nb-javac-library

Gj