On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 01:19, Steven Ingram <steven.rextech...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also I just noticed that the README has changed to say that you can now
> build the project with 8 or 11?  How'd I miss that?
>
> Just to check I did a clean checkout and built with JDK11. I needed to add
option "-Dpermit.jdk9.builds=true" to the ant command line (it tells you to
do this) but it was fine. However, some targets (build-basic and
build-platform) already have this set.
So I think the message is - make sure not to mix two JDKs otherwise strange
things will happen.
This means checking the PATH and JAVA_HOME and JDK_HOME and
.nbbuild.properties and  nbbuild\user.build.properties for consistency.
Having said which, I *think* building with JDK 1.8 is still the recommended
option (at least that's what the Travis does).
Anyway they're all the things I've done wrong so hopefully will be helpful
to someone else.
Pete