Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the explanation, crystal clear now.

I think it's better to generate an "update.xml" file for each mirror, containing full urls for the given mirror, and generate them _once_, and not for _every_ user request. That would be 226 [1] update-xml files. We can generate a webpage that allows users to select a mirror of their choice.

Then Jean-Marc can download this mirror-specific update.xml file (for the mirror of their IT dept. choice), add it to his update center in the IDE, and download files directly from that mirror.

Would this work?

Regarding the "fragile update code" I think we should think about a more Apache-centric solution to the problem, and refactor/review the code, right? Maybe 13.0 is a good target?

Kind regards,
Antonio

[1]
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/dist.html
Currently there're 226 Apache full mirrors.