This has been discussed at VERY great length at this point on this mailing
list.

In 12.0, from beta 4 onwards, only if you’re running on JDK 8 will you need
to install nb-javac.

Please spend some time looking through this mailing list around this topic,
including the purpose of nb-javac, everything has been repeated enough
times at this point.

Gj