Hi,

I can't see anybody has asked the question how long Oracle still needs
to stay on JDK8 for its NetBeans based products. Will they ever upgrade
to their own latest JDK LTS release (11, 17 ..)?

IMHO if Oracle need longer LTS support the best way is fork and support
it yourself. Many commercial companies like RedHat are doing the same
with their Apache based products. No reason to do it through the community.

Regards

Benjamin