Hi all,

If Azul were to distribute a bundle of NetBeans with Zulu, i.e., the bundle
would be downloadable from an Azul domain, would we as a community be
interested in doing the work of putting that bundle together?

It would be a process that would take place once a year, with our NetBeans
LTS together with whatever the current LTS of Zulu is at that time.

We in the NetBeans community would create and test the bundle, and would
approve it as a community — sometime after the NetCAT process since the
binaries would need to exist for the bundle to be created, so maybe simply
by approving the bundle in a thread, not as an official vote thread since
the bundle would not be an Apache release, of course.

Potentially, Azul could create a plugin for updating Zulu after it’s been
installed — and put that plugin into our Plugin Portal.

This would solve our problem of not having a JDK vendor that provides the
complete NetBeans out of the box experience. The bundle would be called
“Apache NetBeans Zulu Bundle” and we’d point to it from our download page,
with statements that it is not an Apache release, etc.

With my three hats “Apache”, “NetBeans”, “Azul” on at the same time, this
sounds good.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Gj