On 7/8/2020 6:48 PM, Tim Boudreau wrote:
Isn’t that security threat the reason JAR signing was invented?

I've heard that all, or almost all, plugin portal nbm's are self-signed.

How does that affect the security implications?

I've also heard that PP3 doesn't require jar signing; see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2331

-ernie

-Tim

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>