On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 7:12 AM Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > (2) Handle third-party provides similar to adding Mirrors
>
> I am not sure what do you mean by this? Apache NetBeans should focus on
> making
> it simple to distribute modules as part of Apache NetBeans or via approved
> PP3
> (and Maven central repository).

I was taking something similar to the way Eclipse does things where when
trying to get new plugins there are  the default plugin repositories but
also has the ability to add other repositories (mirrors) as needed.  So
then as long as the "proprietary/third party" repository uses the same
plugin interfaces and is compatible is still added.  The trust of the site
is still up in the air but it is what it ise.

I'm thinking from a system level so hopefully I'm not saying things that
are basically there already in some form.

Eric Bresie
ebre...@gmail.com