Hi Eric

I tried a few months (maybe 6?) to implement RustLang into Netbeans
(actually sent a few emails to the dev list for help, but they never seemed
to be received on the list) and found that I had to experiment with the
various tutorials to get something working ie. following one or the other
completely (the older or the newer) didnt work.

The biggest thing was getting the grammar file for the language, getting it
to be parsed correctly, and then figure out how to get Netbeans classes to
tokenise things properly. I thought I had deleted the repo, but actually
its still here: https://github.com/icojb25/netbeans-rust/

I recall there was a Typescript plugin (repo is still on github somewhere)
and an existing Rust plugin where the authors had done a really nice job,
and I was able to lift a number of the concepts and what not from there.  I
also recall there was an issue with the ANTLR versions available in NB
missing not being the same as those in the tutorials, (the NB lib being
newer).

Cheers
Jonathan