Hi,

I use JDK 18 builds of Project Panama[1] that Netbeans does not work properly with. All classes with JDK 18 have errors with the package statement claiming that:

Cannot access java.lang

    Fatal Error: Unable to find package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath.

This happens even on the "dev" builds of Netbeans[2]. My JavaFX application and all dependency projects compile and run fine. Code completion and import suggestions are broken, Netbeans views some imports as unused when they are being used, and symbols(classes) are marked as "cannot be found" even though they have imports.

[1] https://github.com/openjdk/panama-foreign. Technically PR source here: https://github.com/mcimadamore/panama-foreign/tree/handle_address

[2] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-linux/