On 05.10.21 10:26, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 00:17, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27.10.20 16:27, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
po 26. 10. 2020 v 9:43 odesílatel Alessandro <alex.fala...@gmail.com>
napsal:

Hi all,
    I remember some time ago a discussion on improving Maven projects build
speed in NetBeans.
Stumbled upon this yesterday: https://github.com/mvndaemon/mvnd . It tries
to port to Maven the same concept behind the Gradle daemon.
Could an integration with the above daemon be worth pursuing to improve
Maven build speed?

Yes, very likely it could. Noted in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-4746 - no we just need one
thing: somebody to do it ;-)
-jt

quickly hacked something together to try it out (ignore the failed
builds please, overlooked a non-jdk8 method call)

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3210
Interesting!  Last week I added a PR for Maven Wrapper support (mvnw)
- https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3198

I don't think the PRs will conflict, but I think there's a bunch of
stuff in Maven execution that might need some rethinking, particularly
with Maven 4 on the horizon?  mvnw is in Maven 4, and from a recent
thread on legal@ I assume mvnd might be too?

interesting, would be nice if mvnd would make it into maven itself (as option).

The code might still work if Maven 4 does not get rid of mvn and mvnd entirely. Before changing anything in NB I symlinked a few things to make it work without changes. Assuming mvnd will be in mvn_home/bin/ and all jars will be still in mvn_home/lib it would just use the old code path for the version check and still work with bin/mvnd (thats where i had the symlinks).

It would only need a "don't use daemon" option in the UI, since it would pick it all the time due to the fact that the homes are not separate anymore.

i don't know anything about mvnw. But judging from the name it is probably a launcher which downloads maven before it runs it?

-mbien