For multi-module builds, where it works (not everywhere), `mvn -T 8`
(really you want `numCores * 2`) buys much faster builds.  I'm not sure
exactly how it falls down in topologically sorting the graph of what to
build, but it occasionally does (for example, with my Antlr suite of 50+
modules, it works well until it gets to building the test netbeans
application project, and then tries to build that before some dependencies
are built), but if we could detect the cases where it might fail and avoid
those, it might provide a nice speed boost to building in the IDE as well.

-Tim