On 08.10.21 17:21, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:
Hi,
thanks that's helpful for running the exact test I'm developing at the moment, however I regularly want to check the whole module for unintended changes, so I'm still looking for a way to run more than one test and less than all.

testing an entire module should work the same way. right click -> test

If I change something in the Javascript editor module I want to make sure that I don't break something in another class, however I can skip the tests for C++ locally since it's unlikely that I break something and there's the CI safeguard which runs them anyway. I think that's a common development workflow.

right. Test the area you are working on. Once you think its ok, create a draft PR and the build actions will test everything. Don't abuse the CI, since the resources are limited. A full run takes over 2h.

CI is a work in progress judging from recent discussions here.

Do you use a mocking framework?

NetBeans predates even junit, so you will probably find various ways how tests are run. A lot of it will be mocked but probably via custom code, esp in dusty modules.

I see that a lot of data and references are created with utility classes which is a good approach for the test cases in integration style. However, I also see cases where mocks would be advantageous in terms of clearness and maintainability. There's quite a lot of catching exceptions and returning early, so verification is also necessary in unit tests (it's rarely the right approach in testing, but in these cases it is).

Do you have any measurement, maybe even visualization of coverage?

i don't know, sorry

-Kalle

-michl