I also wanted to use JSitter from JetBrains, didn’t start yet, but I wanted to
use it to parse the supported languages/files to get the AST to work with it
for some nice Handy Features. Will have a look somewhen I have time.

Von: Ernie Rael
Gesendet: Samstag, 20. November 2021 17:25
An: dev@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: Re: TextMate vs TreeSitter

Seems to be a java binding at
https://github.com/serenadeai/java-tree-sitter .

There's a discussion of TreeSitter from Java at
https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter/issues/207. (The TreeSitter
developer isn't interested in supporting a Java Binding, he suggests
using JNI) Looks like there's a binding for JetBrains at
https://github.com/JetBrains/jsitter . There's some discussion on the
different features appropriate for LSP or TreeSitter at
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18349488 .

A question I can't answer is about usability and technical quality of
TextMate vs TreeSitter, and whether or not there's movement towards one
and away from the other. And of course there's: does it even matter for
NB additional language support.

-ernie