Please don't even mention Electron! It has its pros, I recognize that, but
we're talking about an IDE + Java...I can't afford a new GPU :D
Anyway switching from Swing to JavaFX would be real cool, sooner or later
projects will have to stay update with latest technologies, why have them
then? But I get it would be a giant process, so just my +1 and count me in
whenever you'll decide to do it