On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 at 14:29, John Kostaras <jkosta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There used to be an article of a lady from South Africa who had managed to
> replace the Rich Client Platform's window system with JavaFX, but I can't
> locate it anymore.

Was that different to the eFX project I mentioned?  I remember reading
a bunch of stuff years ago, but found very little still accessible.

> To replace Swing with .. (or HTML/Java UI),

We would need an ASL compatible browser context to use HTML4J though,
which potentially just points back to Electron or lighter weight
alternatives.

I'm still curious if Skija is a better option to either - it's what
Fleet (which Eirik mentioned a while back) uses.