On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 15:05, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11.01.22 13:53, Neil C Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know if there's a non-hacky way to exclude a module from being
> > included at all if building the IDE on JDK 8?  I was under the
> > impression there might be in the conversations about support of
> > --release 11, but I now think I might have misinterpreted something
> > that was said.
>
> I don't know a clean way. But what would happen if the ant script would
> simply skip the build if JDK < 11?

Not sure.  I was looking to see if filtering the cluster config list
was enough.  Depends how much that is used vs built output I guess.

For some reason I thought we had a way to do this.  It might be
useful, say when we're ready to bump the build on to JDK 17 (in the
distant future! :-) ), that you could build on JDK 11 at least the
modules that would run on JDK 11.

I may have another look shortly - currently working on a PR to bump
more of the testing up to JDK 11.