On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 21:09, Benjamin Asbach <netbe...@impl.it> wrote:
> I'm a little bit curious how this "latest Release" field is supposed to
> work? Is this moved automatically when a new release was pumped out?

No, nothing is moved automatically.  Bear in mind that the forms here
only structure the text that the poster submits, ensuring they have to
fill in some information, and giving them guidance as they do.  It's
still text at the end of the day, which has its pros and cons.

All metadata (milestone, labels, etc.) is committer only access.
Although we can do various things with parsing text to labels, etc.
automatically if we really find we need to.

Now, on the version specifically, I didn't copy Airflow's form exactly
because that involves adding each version manually.  We also need to
know whether it's a bug in a release candidate or daily build.  And I
wanted to put something top of the form that's clear that if it's not
a bug in the latest release or later build, it's the person posting
the bug's job to check.

I'm not sure what's there is correct - we can easily change it for
future issues if it proves problematic.

Also I noticed in the bug you opened and closed that you selected
Third-party package.  I'm curious what that is, and whether that field
selection makes sense / needs work too?