On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 at 16:41, Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu> wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but IMHO the focus should be how
> to streamline fixes from drive-by contributors. For this we need a
> form, where people can document, that they agree to the donation
> without having an ICLA on file. That way we can source more people
> working on the code base and not lose time with useless discussion
> about legal mergability.

As discussed elsewhere, I don't see a particular need for this, in the
sense that it's already covered by section 5 of the Apache License
(below).  I don't see any way someone can submit a PR without already
being covered by that?!

However, from an information perspective, it might be nice to be more
upfront on certain things for drive-by contributors?

We could do a PR template along the lines of
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3431

>From ASL

"""
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise,
any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work
by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of
this License, without any additional terms or conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify
the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed
with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
"""