Another option, which Neil recommended to me but I'll admit has taken me a
while to see how much better it might be(too much going on elsewhere) is to
create a second distpreparation zip file, and include that in the vote.
People will be able to compare this new one with the original and see the
changes.  If no one has any objections I will start a vote thread tonight
on this installer when I get home.

@Tim that wasn't the issue.  The issue was that We needed to sign the
".app" file and internal native binaries that were included.  Apple should
have been telling this via the notarization process a long time ago, but
that process has a bug in it, as it kept accepting our previous
installers.  Gatekeeper seems to be more stricter on this now and was
correctly rejecting the installer when someone tried to install NetBeans on
a mac.

John