Dne sobota 21. května 2022 10:34:35 CEST, Neil C Smith napsal(a):
> On Sat, 21 May 2022, 09:10 Jaroslav Tulach, <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > > IMO it's hard to see how any of the sampler PRs meet the general
> > > requirements for merges to delivery. Do we really need to push back the
> >
> > IDE
> >
> > > release a week on this?
> >
> > I don't know. That is a decision for release coordinators.
>
> No, it isn't! It's up to the PR author (you) and then the whole community
> (via review) to make that call.

I made the call. I created the PR. Community approved it - e.g. it is good
enough from a technical point of view, but...

> The release team doesn't decide what needs
> merging.

...but when I studied the `delivery` rules the last time, the #1 rule was: No
mere developer can press the merge button - a release coordinator has to. If
the rule still applies, then it is the release team who ultimately decides
what to merge into `delivery` (and I am fine with that).

> > > What high / critical priority issue on our side is
> > > addressed?
> >
> > The sampler JAR cannot be used in headless environment right now due to
> > call
> > to `SwingUtilities.isEventDispatchThread()` which PR-4134 removes.
>
> Isn't use in a headless environment a new feature that didn't exist at
> feature freeze? Or was it always meant to support headless and was broken
> at some point?

Some form of headless/CLI sampling was always there https://github.com/apache/
netbeans/blob/862379894fc239268e55f00bb4ce337d4c4437b8/platform/sampler/src/
org/netbeans/modules/sampler/CLISampler.java#L46 since the creation of the
module. I knew about it and we are trying to use it - but our use is
"different" and reveals various limitations in the original code.

-jt