Folks,

First of all, I apologize for not testing for the last two rounds (my bad).

Second of all, is anyone else seeing this?

Environment:

Windows 10 Professional - latest updates
NetBeans 14 installed from zip file
Running under javac 17.0.3 (adoptium.net)
Maven 3.8.6

Maven projects (Java EE 6 Web, single module) that opened cleanly under NetBeans 12.4 (JDK 11) and NetBeans 13 (JDK 17) (on Ubuntu), now have the following warning in pom.xml:

parent.relativePath of (current project) points at (artifact of current project) rather than (parent pom)

It's annoying, however the project still builds correctly.

I've tried working around this by doing the following:

1. Add <relativePath></relativePath> child to <parent> node per Maven specs
2. Shut down NetBeans
3. Delete cache
4. Restart NetBeans
5. Re-index local repository
6. Fetch and re-index corporate repository
7. open project
8. (error is gone)

Without shutting down and deleting the cache, the warning would still persist.

However, now every time I open pom.xml, NetBeans goes out to the corporate (actually my local Nexus installation) repository, transfers the index, unpacks, and then rebuilds the index.

At the end of the WAR build (Project->Clean and Build, NetBeans pulls the remote index down again, and rebuilds that index.

I might be able to solve the problem by placing the parent pom.xml in the parent directory (per Maven specs), but I would think that once the parent pom is in
C:\Users\[username]\.m2\repository, this wouldn't happen.

This seems less than optimal.

I tried the above with Maven 3.8.5. I have not tried this with the bundled Maven.

Thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

. . . just my two cents
/mde/