Hi,

Matthias, I apologize if I sounded like I was disparaging NetBeans. That is not my intention, and I think that NetBeans is an awesome IDE.

I will try to construct a set of projects that will help facilitate understanding the issue I'm having. I'm not quite sure how to do this, as my environment is a bit convoluted (see next paragraph).

My environment is a bit convoluted, so it may take some time. I have a local Nexus 3 repository (currently only running Maven, soon to run Docker and NPM). On that, I proxy both my work Nexus repository as well as Central. I also host some of my own local artifacts that shouldn't really see the light of day (except for my use).

I'll also look a bit more closely at disk use and network traffic while doing this.

In addition, I'll do the same set of tests on Ubuntu 22.04. It's still running NetBeans 13 (snap has not updated things yet).

settings.xml are identical (with the exception of local repository placement) on both machines. All components exist in the local (on disk) repositories.

This may take a bit of time, since I have other issues in the fire.

Again, I apologize for coming off as disparaging NetBeans. That is neither my intention, nor is it my sentiment.

Mark
/mde/