On 16.06.22 18:19, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 at 16:25, Eric Barboni <eric.barb...@irit.fr> wrote:
Changelogs of release can be edited it's like the github markup.
With the release drafter we may have them in a more iterative way.
I presume we might be able to add sections based on pull request labels?

I was thinking that we often have a problem at release time knowing
which new features to prioritize on website, etc.  Perhaps we could
add a "Highlight" or "Key feature" label for pull requests that can be
added at review / merging stage, rather than trying to work this out
retrospectively?  Could be top section in releases changelog too?

release drafter is already in the repo btw, its currently set to manually run.

workflow:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/.github/workflows/release-drafter.yml

template:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml

I believe the problem before was that it needed the tags, otherwise it would go over the character limit. I am also not quite sure how smart the drafter is. It is likely that we will see duplicated PRs if we would simply categorize by label - but maybe there is already some solution for that, sounds like a common problem to me.

the second annoying thing:

testing is difficult before integration since I believe clones don't have access to all the issue labels, so you kinda have to simulate issues in your repo.

best regards,

michael

Just a thought.