On 6/21/22 10:26 AM, Matthias Bläsing wrote:
I ran a clean build (after removing ~/.hgexternal). The build with a
direct connection still works.

Thank you, Matthias.

As an aside, I was surprised that the build downloads directly to the repository directory in addition to '~/.hgexternal'. I count the following files either downloaded or created by the target 'download-all-extbins' during the build:

  564 files downloaded to ~/.hgexternalcache/
  595 files downloaded to or created in repository directory

by running:

  $ ant -quiet -Dmetabuild.branch=master download-all-extbins
  $ find ~/.hgexternalcache/ -type f | wc -l
  564
  $ git clean -xdn  | wc -l
  595

So for me as home user this is ok.

I wasn't clear enough in my description of the pull request that this is strictly a build change and has no effect on the NetBeans IDE while running. The new pull request title and 'build' label should make that more clear.

  Build downloads fail due to response code 503
  https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4206

Thanks,
John