On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 at 15:41, John Neffenger <j...@status6.com> wrote:
> As an aside, I was surprised that the build downloads directly to the
> repository directory in addition to '~/.hgexternal'. I count the
> following files either downloaded or created by the target
> 'download-all-extbins' during the build:
>
>    564 files downloaded to ~/.hgexternalcache/
>    595 files downloaded to or created in repository directory
>
> by running:
>
>    $ ant -quiet -Dmetabuild.branch=master download-all-extbins
>    $ find ~/.hgexternalcache/ -type f | wc -l
>    564
>    $ git clean -xdn  | wc -l
>    595

There are probably other things listed in the latter, like build/ directories.

Why are you surprised there's caching?  You can see the full source
for this at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/nbbuild/antsrc/org/netbeans/nbbuild/extlibs/DownloadBinaries.java

I think you can remove this to work without a cache -
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/nbbuild/binaries-default-properties.xml#L23

That will download after clean every time rather than copying from the
cache though.