On 11/2/22 11:16 AM, Michael Bien wrote:
I have a list of options I usually change when setting up NetBeans.

One more I would add: change the default keyboard shortcuts for shifting editor tabs from their current values of:

  Shift Window Tab Left - Ctrl+Alt+Shift+LEFT
  Shift Window Tab Right - Ctrl+Alt+Shift+RIGHT

to the Web browser (Chromium, Firefox) defaults of:

  Shift Window Tab Left - Ctrl+Shift+PAGE UP
  Shift Window Tab Right - Ctrl+Shift+PAGE DOWN

I use those shortcuts all the time, as I find the NetBeans drag-and-drop to be a little squirrelly.

The current defaults do nothing on Ubuntu. I think they would normally move the current application window to the workspace to the right, but on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS the workspaces are vertical, so nothing happens.

By the way, I remember being able to add those shortcuts as alternatives, and the old values would remain. Now when I add the new ones as alternatives, the old ones are gone.

John