On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 16:58, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm ready to update the netbeansrelease.json. In the 12.0-u1 and 12.0-u2
> it was just another entry with git hash, version and position. Would it
> be the same this time, or shall I use the vote entry as well. As far as
> I remember vote would remove the version suffix from the final artifacts
> and other places, that might be not required for 16-uc1.

Yes, try as before and leave out vote.  That does very little now, but
I think will still stop the version suffix being added.  Eric even
better to answer that!  Quite a lot has changed since we did 12.0
updates, but all should hopefully work OK.

Try to update netbeansrelease.json after merging and before building
if you can.  The build process also publishes to
https://nightlies.apache.org/netbeans/candidate/netbeans/ now which
currently has your build without a suffix.  Aside - we should look at
adding -dev as suffix to files for this as fallback.

Nightlies might be a better update centre to share for testing too if
we need to in future.