never mind, this doesn't work for PRs, only for issues:

https://github.com/community/community/discussions/12815

-mbien

On 28.01.23 20:36, Michael Bien wrote:
we could probably add ci:no-build as default label to the PR template, just like we have default labels on issues, right? @Neil or others, what do you think?

The "Check Paperwork" job will still run which is fine and intended.

-mbien

On 28.01.23 20:21, Łukasz Bownik wrote:
That would be helpful as then it would be possible to have pre-PR/in-progres reviews.

sob., 28 sty 2023, 20:02 użytkownik Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> napisał:

    On 28.01.23 19:55, Łukasz Bownik wrote:
    > Hi.
    >   I noticed that as soon as I push a branch to my copy of the
    repository CI
    > picks it up. Is there a way to postpone CI process until a PR
    is being
    > created?

    unfortunately not. Committers can label a pr with ci:no-build
    which will
    tell CI to not run. But non-committers can't label anything.

    Workflows won't start running for first time contributors - which is
    good. But for someone who contributed before, like you, they will
    simply
    start running without asking for approval.

    I am trying to figure out if this can be changed and linked to
    apache
    roles instead of the default github logic. Already talked to apache
    infra yesterday.

    best regards,

    michael