On 08.02.23 02:54, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 at 21:39, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
However, I got the feeling, sooner or later someone will want to have
the platform again at a lower bytecode level than the rest of the IDE.
I hope I am wrong and this never happens again. If this happens we can
deal with this later, this isn't relevant for the immediate JDK 11 step
since it is supposed to finally sync everything.
Again?  That is not the situation now.

now am confused...

we have tests on 8 and 11. We build on 11 with bytecode level set to 8. Some modules set it to 11. IDE runtime requirements say JDK 11. VSCodeEx dl page says it runs on 8 and later (but this thread showed that 11 wouldn't be a problem - which is excellent).

What I hope from this discussion that there won't be any 8s in that paragraph above at some point in future. That is what I mean by "in sync".

-mbien