On 2/16/23 09:01, Michael Bien wrote:
> we should consider to put it on the release notes that Jakarta support
> is in early stages and that the enterprise cluster in general is
> currently WIP.
>
> the JDK8 commit validation tests issue delayed the big Jakarta PR so
> much that there was basically no time left for proper stabilization of
> the PR once it was merged. I think it was still right to merge it so
> that there is at least some support, but we should do a bit "expectation
> management".
Good god. Are you saying that keeping JDK8 was at the cost of breaking
EE support? That's completely unacceptable. We need to do as Papa Java says:

"In my opinion, JDK8 must die... Stop the unholy contortions to coexist.
Kill it. Nail its coffin closed. Do not look back."

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)