Hi,
 I cannot use macos. Not having this kind of box.

 But I thing we should tesselate the repo for thoose native stuff and make
release that we later use on netbeans main repo.
 Maven was a choice to simplify release process but may not be compatible with
macos.
I cannot recall but I think some project use githubaction to make release
artefacts (sources + binaries) that are signed (this is per project/repo). So
maybe this could handle the issue.
Launcher contains only windows but should contain mac/linux to be more
semanticaly correct to me. (Avoid special scenario)

Should we use nbpackage for macos/windows and make installer also "better" ?

Do we need to stick on release frame ? Or could we wait ?

Best Regards
Eric