On 13.06.24 10:43, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
On 6/12/24 18:30, Moacir da Roza wrote:
I think it's not a problem with netbeans, it's a relatively common problem
with ibus, that people "fix" configuring other shortcut on ibus-setup.

Thanks,

I know and i knew. But i had forgotten it in the meantime.

What i was thinking as an improvement for the adoption of Netbeans was, per platform instructions or caveats, "Tips and tricks", somewhere on the download page.

But i'm not sure what the preference is of the PMC, should it be on the website? Should there be a link on the website to the wiki? And where to file this documentation improvement. Or with the proper access, do it myself.

Hi Simon,

I added a "Tips, Tricks and Workarounds" category to github discussions:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/discussions/categories/tips-tricks-and-workarounds

Feel free to add a post to it which helps with ibus problems.

we did link to issues/workarounds before from the download page but so far only for show stoppers.

best regards,

michael

Groet,
Simon