I think we should try to change as little as possible until the 2nd code
donation.

Once the 1st code donation (i.e., 5a-d) is done, i.e., once that code is in
Apache Git, we should not add new features or fix bugs etc, until the 2nd
code donation is done. Until that point, we should do the absolute minimum
with that code -- i.e., we should focus very narrowly on doing licensing
checks and preparing that codebase for the first incubator release. The
release will not have any new features and will not have any bugs fixed,
instead it will purely and only have gone through all the licensing checks
and requirements from the Apache side.

That would be my vision for that code -- and that phase shouldn't last more
than about two months, maximum, I believe.

Gj