On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> So it is acceptable if the podling release has no new features and no bugs
> fixed, i.e., no new code at all?...

>From the Incubator's point of view, it's absolutely fine.

In the extreme (but don't tell anybody I said this ;-) a podling could
release code that does not do anything useful - as long as the release
process and contents match the ASF's requirements that's fine w.r.t.
the incubation process.

More seriously, the incubation process is much more about community
building and learning to operate as an Apache project than about code
quality or feature count. Many podlings are far from code maturity
when they graduate and that's perfectly ok.

-Bertrand