Hi all,

We're getting closer to the code donation, i.e., during next week the
NetBeans code written to support Java 9 will be frozen. At that point, the
new code written, i.e., since when the code audit started, will begin to be
reviewed.

A question I have, now that the code is getting closer to being donated,
and I know this has been discussed, though let's discuss again in light of
everything becoming more concrete: the binaries.

At Apache, source code is released. What needs to become clearer is how (1)
we can get from source to binaries and (2) where we can make those binaries
available?

I imagine someone from the Apache NetBeans community will check out Apache
NetBeans sources, do a build, and then upload the binaries for the
different operating systems somewhere. I guess where that location is is up
to us, so long as it is not at Apache. Are there examples of how others
have done this -- and can we link/promote those binaries in some way?

We've discussed this before, though let's discuss it again, to get
everything cleared up about this.

Thanks,

Gj