+1

I personally like material and flat design, but it’s not just a matter of taste:

Windows, Android, iOS, etc. all have adopted material/flat. Staying with the
old look automatically means that NetBeans will look outdated (which it already
does). A makeover carries the message that the application is kept up to date.
I’m all for it, and I think the designer did a good job.

--Toni