Hi all,

Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-57.

Trying to find an Apache project to use as reference point, looked around a
bit, and Apache Spark seems to be complex enough in terms of its
dependencies to follow:

https://github.com/apache/spark

I.e., there's a folder in the above named "licenses":

https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/licenses

Should such a folder be created in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans?

And then, reference those licenses in the LICENSE file:

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/LICENSE

And also a NOTICE file should be created, like this one:

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/NOTICE

Is that the correct approach and should anything else be considered?

The SGA received from Oracle provides a starting point, i.e., a list of 3rd
party references, which I propose taking as the first step, i.e., for the
initial draft of the LICENSE and NOTICE, after which we will document the
process by which we make sure that these are accurate.

Thanks,

Gj