Hi Martin,

> Also, what if you generate sources with a maven plugin into a folder
> different from "/target/generated-sources/" ?

Do you use Maven to perform actual builds?
If yes, how standard Maven plugins are configured to access those sources?

> As always - other IDEs handle it with no problems, but Netbeans does not
> recognize them and you can't do nothing about it.

That statement is simply not true, especially "you can't do nothing about
it" section.
NetBeans 8+ will happily recognize additional sources/resources when those
are properly configured in POM.
Check out links below:
http://www.mojohaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9752972/how-to-add-an-extra-source-directory-for-maven-to-compile-and-include-in-the-bui?answertab=active#tab-top

Feel free to ask additional questions on users@ list.

Regards,

Illya Kysil
--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence
over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.