can be huge factors.

1) That not everything we give users comes from Apache NetBeans, but
instead we make it super easy to link to projects build artifacts from the
idea of the plugin center. IMO, Visual Studio Code is rocking that out.

2) We have a good cadence to our releases and updates at some point. I
think we have to get much further to do it simply because of where we are
in this process, but the pieces we maintain as the core of NB needs to be
releasing fixes and features often. Those things should then better support
#1 which makes it easier for other languages and features to be available
for users without us having to care about the projects specific license,
nor the people writing it needing to buy in fully to our base processes.

I think once we get moved over, and get to where we can release, addressing
some big points first, such as indexing or lockups and slow downs, along
with agreeing on the above or it's alternatives, then we can really move
forward in some great ways. But, we have to do innovative things, and
support others doing them too without our overhead if they perceive things
that way.

We can really start to look at those innovative and better ways to do
things once moved over. It is a definite prerequisite that I think we
cannot worry about, but just do. A new version of NB is important, but
let's not let that get in the way of where we are trying to get to to move
to Apache. Things can and will come roaring back, but only if we get there.

I think the folks already in the queue can make the above a reality, and
IMO the end users will come, come back, or stay. I say this as someone who
uses NB daily to build software other than NB, and as a contributor.

If the contributors are making the IDE and platform awesome, then it will
continue to exist, and get better, and then the user problem will solve
itself even if we have a perceived bump in the road; it really will. The
beauty is there is no company to stop supporting it, so if contributors
keep contributing, it has only an upside. Without that, nothing but a down
side, so let's just keep rallying around it.

Thanks

Wade